Wednesday, September 16, 2009

RECIPE - Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (Just Like at Red Lobster)

If any of you have been to Red Lobster, then you know how yummy, satisfying and addictive their Cheddar Bay Biscuits are!  I would rather eat a salad and the biscuits there than anything else on the menu! 

I live in a rural town and the nearest Red Lobster is about 35 miles from here.  So when I get a craving for one of these yummy biscuits, I dont always have the opportunity or time to just hop in the car and go out for a meal.  So I started looking up recipes on the internet to see if I could find anything at all close to these biscuits...after all...they are sort of unique in character and flavor.


I ran across this website that specializes in trying to "copy" signature dishes from well known restaurants....restaurants that would never give out their "secret recipes".  I couln't believe it when I found this recipe.  It tastes exactly like Red Lobster's version too.  Actually, I've had this recipe for a long time and haven't used it lately.  Ran across it as I was looking through my recipes.  I think it's time to make up a batch!  Hope you enjoy!
 


CHEDDAR GARLIC BISCUITS
2-1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
3/4 cups milk
4 Tablespoons butter (or 1/2 stick)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese


BUTTER GLAZE/TOPPING
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Add the Bisquick and butter, leaving small chunks of butter once it is all mixed together.  Add cheese, milk and garlic.  Mix by hand.  Drop 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet using a spoon or ice cream scoop.  Bake for 15-17 minutes.  Brush the butter mixtuer on top as soon as they come out of the oven.  This recipe makes one dozen biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment