Sunday, October 4, 2009

RECIPE - Crockpot Corn



Can you believe that its already October? This year has just flown by for me.  It's a scary thought that in a little over two months it will be Christmas time...AGAIN!

Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays.  I love decorating my home, baking, cooking...and most of all eating! LOL

Since Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, I decided to flip through my recipes and see what I could find.  Found some great ones that I will be posting over the next couple of months...and feel free to use them for your holiday meals if you would like.

This recipe in particular is a recipe that my EX-mother-in-law gave me.  She is an excellent TRUE Southern cook! Southern cooking is so simple...yet so fulfilling when you eat it.  Just about the ONLY good thing that came from that relationship was her cooking....which packed about 25 pounds on me by the time the relationship ended.  LOL  I do have to say though that eating her food was probably worth the weight gain...it was so good....



I hope you enjoy the recipes that I post over the next couple of months.  This one in particular is so simple that you shouldnt even be able to call it cooking.  But it sure does taste like you put some effort into it!

CROCKPOT CORN
2 10-0z bags of frozen corn
1 8-0z package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
6 Tbs water
salt and pepper to taste


Spray your crockpot with Pam or some other non-stick spray.  Turn the crockpot to the low or medium setting.  Add your corn and water to the crockpot.  Melt cream cheese and butter together in the microwave or on the stove, and then add it to the crockpot.  Stir occasionally.  Let simmer in the crockpot for 3-4 hours.  If you want it creamier, you can add more cream cheese and butter...whatever your personal preference.  I usually add another half package of cream cheese and another half stick of butter.   For a sit down dinner, I like to put it in a pretty bowl and then garnish the top with some chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment