Wednesday, October 14, 2009

APPETIZER RECIPE - Grape Jelly Meatballs








Okay, so here's my last blog for today...the other appetizer that I said I would post.  Again...this might sound awful to you...but just trust me because they are really good!  When I first tried these, if someone had told me they contained grape jelly, I never would have believed them.  I posted a picture of one of the ingredients, as maybe some of you just dont happen to have a bottle of chili sauce hanging around in your cabinet! LOL  You can find it at any grocery store.  Also, you can put as much or as little effort into these as you want...I like to make my own meatballs but you can buy the premade frozen meatballs if you want to.


GRAPE JELLY MEATBALLS

Ingredients for the meatballs (if you're making your own):
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 envelope dry onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
2 eggs
1/2 cup cracker crumbs

SAUCE
1 bottle of Heinz chili sauce
1 10 ounce jar of grape jelly


Mix all ingredients for the meatballs well.  Form into bitesize meatballs.  If you are using the premade frozen meatballs, check to see if they have already been fully cooked.  If so, you will want to thaw them completely and then warm/brown them in a skillet.  If you're making your own meatballs, saute in a skillet until completely done. 

Mix the bottle of chili sauce and the jar of grape jelly together in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.  Pour the mixture into a crockpot.  Add the meatballs to the crockpot and simmer for 2 hours.  You can serve these right out of the crockpot....or you can take them out of the crockpot right before serving and stick toothpicks in them to serve.  They are messy...but they are GOOD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment