Sunday, October 11, 2009

RECIPE - Hot Spiced Tea




The last few days have really turned off chilly.  I do believe that Fall is here...and Winter will soon follow.  This cool weather has put me in the mood of just curling up on the couch and hybernating with a cup of something hot.  So, here's a recipe for one of my favorite winter time drinks.  Way back when I was in junior high and high school, a good friend of mine (Diane) got me hooked on this! Her mother was the dietician at the college here in town and she could cook anything under the sun.  She always filled you up when you were at her house...with food AND drink.  I have had this recipe ever since! Hope you enjoy it...its good and its addictive.

HOT SPICED TEA
1-1/3 cup TANG breakfast beverage powder
1/3 cup instant tea
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Just mix all ingredients well.  I like to put it in a pretty glass jar and set it out on my cabinet.  Use 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoon (to taste) of the powder to a cup of steaming hot water.  If you are serving it to guests, you can put a stick of cinnamon in the cup for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment